|Parish Library Ministry |
|Contribution to Parish Mission Statement|
|Life-long education is essential to growth in the Christian faith and the mission of St. John Neumann. This ministry facilitates the faith formation process of parishioners through the resources in our parish library. |
|People who are willing to staff the library on a regular basis, catalog books and help maintain our collection of library resource materials. |
- Work with staff liaison to organize and keep the library in working order.
Attend a short individual training to become familiar with the automated system.
- Enter new media and books into automated library system.
- Work with staff to maintain current inventory.
Maintain neatness of library by shelving books, straightening books etc.
- Assist staff in ordering new materials for library.
- Help to develop a marketing plan to promote the library use within the parish community.
- Staff the library on a regular basis at your own convenience so that you can
provide assistance to parishioners during library hours.
|Willingness to learn. People with library experience (librarians) are always welcome.
Love of books. |
|Time commitment depends upon your staffing schedule. |
|Length of Commitment|
|1-2 years |
|As needed |
|Pastoral Associate of Adult Formation. |