|Member of Children's Choir 3rd-6th grade. |
|Contribution to Parish Mission Statement|
|Gathering as a community to worship each week nourishes our faith and energizes us to go forth to live daily as followers of Jesus Christ. Through music ministry, each leader of song/prayer enables the assembly to fully participate in worship and become messengers of our Lord. |
|To help lead the assembly in full participation of sung prayer at parish liturgies |
- Attending and cooperating with other group members and the director at scheduled rehearsals and liturgies or other events.
- Consistently coming on time for rehearsals and liturgies .
- Being responsible for all music, by keeping folder current, and handing in music when scheduled.
- Contacting the director if a rehearsal or mass will be missed.
- Participating in warm-ups, prayer, and social time as well as sectional and all group rehearsal; also by listing to oneself and others and taking vocal direction/coaching from the director.
- Participating in the prayer and ritual of the assembly, and modeling christian community as a smaller group in the parish community
|To have a love of music and scripture, and a willingness to learn about ritual and liturgy. To be able to sing in tune alone and with others. To listen well. To be flexible and be able to work closely with other singers and instrumentalists. |
|Rehearses in October, November, December and March, April, May on select Wednesday evenings from 5:00 to 6:00 p.m. in the music room. They sing twice during the Christmas season and twice during the Easter season. There is also a November music concert. A schedule will be provided. |
|Length of Commitment|
|One Year |
|Regularly scheduled rehearsals, prayer and formation in liturgy. |
|Tana Barkhymer |