|Altar Server |
|Contribution to Parish Mission Statement|
|Liturgical ministers are essential to good community worship. Each minister contributes to the community's nourishment of faith and energizes us to go forth to live our daily lives as committed followers of Jesus Christ. |
|Serve at weekend and Holy Day liturgies. Must be fourth grade or older to serve. Required training offered once per year. |
- Prepare for celebration of Mass under direction of mass facilitator, sacristan or liturgist
- Assist presider during celebration of Eucharist.
- Help clean-up after Mass is over.
- Sign in at least twenty minutes before the Mass to which you are assigned. (Parents or other adults are asked to help server be on time.)
- Find a substitute if you are unable to serve at your scheduled time.
|Must be in fourth grade or higher. Must be able to follow directions. Respectful attitude towards the liturgy. |
|One mass per month at the mass time preference you select. Must be at church 20 minutes before mass and for 5-10 minutes after the mass. |
|Length of Commitment|
|One year, renewable through conclusion of high school years. |
|A two and a half hour group training session, Pairing with more experienced servers |
|Altar server coordinator |