|Parish Health Ministry Team |
|Contribution to Parish Mission Statement|
|Each person has a responsibility to act compassionately and influence change in the society in which we live. We are united in our Christian community and faith to reach out to those in need and to provide care and support. |
|Responsible for increasing awareness in individuals of the relationship between faith, health and emotional healing. Provide coordination, education and support in the areas of family health, including educational events and First Aid Station at the All Parish Picnic. Provide AED/CPR training for the parish. |
- Designate roles and members interested in serving in areas of targeted ministries: Blood Pressure screening, AED/CPR (defibrillator, cardiac pulmonary resuscitation) training.
- Attend regular meetings of the ministry; the schedule to be determined by the minstry.
- Participate in discussion and decision making.
- Contribute to the visioning about Parish Health Ministry.
- Determine budgetary needs.
|Currently working/have worked in a health related field: RN, LPN, NP, MD, EMT, CNA, Exercise Physiologist, Chiropractor, Dietitian, Pharmacist.
Ability to work as a team member.
Interest/awareness of parish needs.
Interest/awareness of relationship between faith, physical and emotional health.
Medical training not required. |
|Participate in activities sponsored by ministry throughout the year:
Blood pressure screenings team member - 3 to 4 weekends per year;
AED/CPR training - 2 times per year;
Monthly bulletin board health topic - 2 per year;
Parish Picnic 1st Aid Station. |
|Length of Commitment|
|One year minimum; two years preferred. |
|Prohibited Behaviors Orientation class per Archdiocesan requirement |
|Terry Jurek, Ministry Leadership and Anne Tiller, Staff Facilitator |