|Prohibited Behaviors Policy Orientation Trainer |
|Contribution to Parish Mission Statement|
|Contributes to providing safe ministry experiences for all those who are served by or work in high-risk ministries of St. John Neumann. |
|Co-conduct classes to orient new volunteer ministers to Prohibited Behaviors Policy and completion of screening applications. Classes last 1 1/2hour. Script is provided. New trainers should attend 2 classes to become familiar with the material. |
- Co-conduct classes to orient new volunteer ministers to Prohibited Behaviors Policy Orientation classes and to completion of screening applications.
- Follow the approved script for the classes.
- Collaborate with Pastoral Associate for Shared Ministry in planning revisions, schedules etc.
- Prepare rooms and materials prior to class.
- Clean up rooms after class.
- Turn in all screening applications and other materials as directed.
|Able to maintain strict confidentiality. Dependable and responsible. Good presentation skills. Able to learn and present a script of material. Comfortable speaking in front of large groups. |
|2 hours per each class session. Classes are held about 10 times a year. Time to read and learn the script. Phone conversations with Pastoral Associate in Shared Ministry. |
|Length of Commitment|
|One year. Renewable |
|Attending two classes to become familiar with material and mentoring by Shared Ministry staff person. |
|Shared Ministry Committee and staff person |