|Cantor/Song Leader (16yrs. & older, also a member of one of the other music groups) |
|Contribution to Parish Mission Statement|
|Gathering as a community to worship each week nourishes our faith and energizes us to go forth to live daily as followers of Jesus Christ. Through music ministry, each leader of song/prayer enables the assembly to fully participate in worship and become messengers of our Lord. |
|To help lead the assembly in full participation of sung prayer at parish liturgies. |
- Attending and cooperating with other group members and the director at scheduled rehearsals and liturgies or other events.
- Coming on time for rehearsals and liturgies consistently. coming 1/2 hour before the liturgy to prepare and warm-up with the accompanist.
- Being responsible for keeping their own music in order and current, and handing in music when scheduled.
- Being responsible for following the seasonal schedule and contacting the director if a scheduled rehearsal or mass will be missed.
- Participating in one of the music groups that meets regularly.
- Working with the director on vocal skills and solo music.
- Participating in the prayer and ritual of the assembly, and modeling christian community as a minister in the parish community
|To have a love of music and scripture, and a willingness to learn about ritual and liturgy. To be able to sing in tune alone. To be able to lead the singing assembly with gestures and voice. To understand the order and flow of the liturgy. To listen well. To be flexible and be able. To work closely with other singers and instrumentalists. |
|Cantors will be members of one of the other music groups and will attend all the scheduled rehearsals and liturgies of that group. They will need to come 1/2 hour early to masses they cantor at. They will be asked to attend special cantor workshops seasonally. Some private or group voice lessons may be required.
This position is an all year one, but cantors may choose not to take part in a particular season.
|Length of Commitment|
|All members need to decide annually whether or not to recommit. |
|Regularly scheduled rehearsals, individual vocal coaching, prayer and formation in liturgy. |
|Pastoral Associate of Music. |