|Instrumentalist - 5pm, 8am, 10am |
|Contribution to Parish Mission Statement|
|Gathering as a community to worship each week nourishes our faith and energizes us to go forth to live daily as followers of Jesus Christ. Through music ministry, each leader of song/prayer enables the assembly to fully participate in worship and become messengers of our Lord. |
|To help lead the assembly in full participation of sung prayer at parish liturgies by: |
- Attending and cooperating with other group members and the director at scheduled rehearsals and liturgies, or other events.
- coming on time for rehearsals and liturgies consistently.
- being responsible for keeping their own music in order and current.
- being responsible for following the seasonal schedule and contacting the director if a scheduled rehearsal or mass will be missed.
- participating in one of the music groups that meets regularly if possible.
- working with the director and accompanist on special music when needed.
- Participating in the prayer and ritual of the assembly, and modeling christian community as a minister in the parish community.
|To have a love of music and scripture, and a willingness to learn about ritual and liturgy. To be able to play in tune alone and with others. To listen well. To be flexible and be able to work closely with other instrumentalists and singers. Must have a competence level of 10th grade or above, or permission of the director. Will be asked to audition. |
|Instrumentalists play when they are available all through the year.
All members need to decide annually whether or not to recommit. |
|Length of Commitment|
|One year |
|Regularly scheduled rehearsals, prayer and formation in liturgy. |
|David Barkhymer and Linda Heimerl |